20 Days, Day 8 - 10 things we don’t know about you

This is my Day 8 post in Spellbound's 20 Days of WoW Blogging Challenge.

  1. My favourite colour is dark denim blue.
  2. My text editor allows both American and British English spelling, so neither "my favourite colour" nor "my favorite color" are flagged as misspelled.
  3. My preferred text editor is Emacs. I use it for more than just text editing, of course.
  4. My first experience I can remember with the Interwebs was an usenet email exchange with Jerry Pournelle in 1979 using bang addressing. I was thrilled to know I was communicating with a favorite author. It was not to be the last time I would do it and it touches on a common theme in my life where Authors and Story-telling meet electronically and facelessly.
  5. While living in England I got hooked on roleplaying on a internet server. The first were PernMushes, but I graduated to some other MUX with dedicated RPers and am quite proud of our efforts. At least one of the friends I made there (C.E. Murphy) has gone on to be a big professional author. While I've met a few of these RP friend, I have never met Catie IRL.
  6. I love to drink a couple cups of coffee every morning, but try not to have caffeine after noon. I drink it black.
  7. I have two dogs, both adopted from the local animal shelter. Officially one is my daughter's, but somehow I'm the one feeding them each morning and taking them for walks in the evening.
  8. I have been tested on the Myer-Briggs scale as INTP, which you'd probably think of as the absent-minded professor stereotype. However, I have never forgotten to wear pants when leaving home. Shoes, socks, watch, keys "yes", but never pants.
  9. I'm a Professional Author. Really! I've sold 2 stories and earned almost $100. I've lost my amateur status and can claim to be a professional. I don't spend much time or worry about writing. As hobbies go, I spend far more time on other things, but selling a short story is a milestone mark I'm happy to have made. The stories were published as part of the Grantville Gazette in Eric Flint's 1632 series.
  10. After a few years of electronic exchanges (at Baen's Bar), I have met Eric Flint and have been personally thanked in a few afterwords in his books. He even named a major villain in one book after me! Just look for who gets called a "Dang Fool" in 1824.

No comments:

Post a Comment