BA Shared Topic: WoW Music Playlist

The Blog Azeroth Shared Topic  this week was suggested by Saga of Spellbound:

The WoW in-game music is awesome, but there are times (at least for me) when I’m listening to my own music instead. Are there any specific songs that you connect with WoW? Whether it’s tied to your own characters in some way or simply because it reminds you of WoW. Please share!
Most frequently, I'm not listening to music while playing WoW. When I do, it's using my "Instrumental" playlist. This playlist is huge with over two hundred songs, so I won't list them all. Instead I've sampled a few to show the variety and eclectic nature of the thing. While obviously most music are instrumentals (because I don't like being distracted by lyrics), the exceptions prove the rule. I also happen to have things from Polish (Jacek Kaczmarski) to Japanese (Yuki Kajiura) as the lyrics still don't distract me.

I'm older than alot of WoW players. The playlist is a bit heavy on 1970s rock, but when looking at the variety allow me to select a few. These are ordered by year of first release. You might be surprised at how modern oldies can sound or think "Oh, I've heard that before". Enjoy!
  • Rumble, by Link Wray (1958)

  • Apache, Jorgen Ingmann (1961)
  • Green Onions, Booker T & the MGs (1962)
  • Point Panic, The Surfaris (1963)

  • Zorba the Greek, Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana Brass (1965)

  • Shine on you Crazy Diamond, Pink Floyd (1975)
  • Buck's Boogie, Blue Öyster Cult (1975)
  • In the Lap of the Gods, Alan Parson Project (1978)
  • Tramontane, Foreigner (1978)
  • Woodpecker from Mars, Faith No More (1989)
  • Lugubrious Whing Whang, Squirrel Nut Zippers (1995)
  • Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar and Orchestra in E flat Minor, Yngwie J. Malmsteen (1998)
  • In Memory of You, Yuki Kajiura (2001)
  • Hanuman, Rodrigo y Gabriela (2009)

I hope you enjoy these!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, very nice selection. I've got to go now and find more Rodrigo y Gabriela. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete